[mythtv-users] My mythTV is broken after update...

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at Comcast.net
Sat Jul 11 22:18:19 UTC 2020

Background: MythTV was working under mint 19.3, I upgraded to mint 20 (which also I think upgraded mythTV) mythbackend is no
longer running.

I'm going to take this one piece at a time since the automod rejected my attempt to ask about the whole problem as being too long.

In the mysql error log I get the following error:

2020-07-11 11:30:26 0 [ERROR] mysqld: Can't open shared library '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/mariadb19/plugin/auth_socket.so'
(errno: 22, cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
2020-07-11 11:30:26 0 [ERROR] Couldn't load plugins from 'auth_socket.so'.

This is the first reported error (there are others, but I'm attacking this one error at a time).

my google foo is not very good. All I found for this error was a different application giving this error where they eliminated
the error by removing the call to the library since the app did not need the library.

So how do I find and install the plugin that mysql does not find?

Thanks.