[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 21:05:46 UTC 2020

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:30 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Thank you for your continued work on the mac 0.31 frontend!
>> In your latest ".1" build, I can see the grabbers in
>> /Resources/share/mythtv/metadata, but they do not show up to be selected in
>> the metadata settings page (I've tried under multiple themes).  As a
>> result, metadata lookups fail, e.g.:
>>

>> 2020-07-11 09:41:13.497473 I  Running Grabber:  -l en -a US -M Star.Wars
>>
>> 2020-07-11 09:41:13.544406 E  MythSystemLegacy() command not executable,
>>
>> eno: No such file or directory (2)
>>
>> Is there something that has to be edited/moved before the frontend will
>> find the python modules within the metadata settings page?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>

> Steve - try grabbing the data in the video browser.  Navigate to the item
> and hit the Info key (I key) -> Change Video Details -> Retrieve Details
>
> Let me know if that works and what comes out on the console.  I have
> noticed some movies try thetvdb grabber and fail there.
>
> Also - can you point me to the metadata settings page you're referring to?
> Mine seem to work - but maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
>
> BTW - the python hard code ticket I opened up has been fixed/closed.  I
> can post an updated build if you'd like - but I'm unsure if it will fix any
> of your problems.  Just let me know if you'd like to give it a go and I'll
> spin up the VM and compile/post it to sourceforge.

John,

That is what I was doing (attempting to grab data from the Info menu via
Retrieve Details in the video browser) to generate the console messages.
There are no Grabbers available to that method because they currently can
not be set in the metadata settings page:
Setup->Artwork and Data sources

Steve