[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 18:35:35 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 2:26 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 7:07 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, I think I just figured out why the metadatsearch and python
>> bindings are failing.  There's a hard code in these files pointing to
>> python2.6
>>
>>    - mythtv/programs/mythbackend/main.cpp
>>    - mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/main.cpp
>>    - mythtv/programs/mythmetadatalookup/main.cpp
>>
>> The line in each file is:
>>
>> QString("%1/../Resources/lib/python2.6/site-packages:%2")
>>

>> I've just submitted a big report and will see if I can get a work around
>> working
>>

> I also just uploaded some pre-built version with working metadata
> capability to SourceForge.  I tested the capability in Videos and
> everything works on my system.  Others may be missing some python modules
> (I copied in the modules installed by ansible to the app), so if things
> don't work for you please let me know and I'll add more modules.

Hi John,
Thank you for your continued work on the mac 0.31 frontend!
In your latest ".1" build, I can see the grabbers in
/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata, but they do not show up to be selected in
the metadata settings page (I've tried under multiple themes).  As a
result, metadata lookups fail, e.g.:

2020-07-11 09:41:13.497473 I  Running Grabber:  -l en -a US -M Star.Wars

2020-07-11 09:41:13.544406 E  MythSystemLegacy() command not executable,

eno: No such file or directory (2)

Is there something that has to be edited/moved before the frontend will
find the python modules within the metadata settings page?

Thanks,
Steve