[mythtv-users] Smart TV Advice

Adam Skinner kingmoffa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 15:13:52 UTC 2020

Hi List,

I've got a fairly good myth setup in multiple rooms with some intel NUCs.
All working pretty well.

I want to add a brand new TV for a kids bedroom and am looking at recent
smart TVs for sale in the UK. Theres android , tizen , webOS and whole host
of other smart OS's.  Minefield for the uneducated.

The kid wants youtube and some other net apps - but access to MythTVs
recordings / videos would be welcome. UPNP I guess is the (bad) default
option. UPNP is bad as it doesn't sort well , takes a long time  , doesn't
seek and is prone to crashing.

The Wife wants ITV Hub - but that doesn't seem to work on most things and
if it does I wouldn't trust ITV to not remove it in a few months.

If anyone has any experience of Smart TVs working with MythTV  - please
could you post a reply?

Thanks in advance