[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

jam at tigger.ws jam at tigger.ws
Mon Jul 6 13:39:15 UTC 2020

> On 6 Jul 2020, at 8:54 pm, jam at tigger.ws wrote:
>

>> On 6 Jul 2020, at 8:28 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Using the: /Volumes/MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.6-v31-3ef7db67fe-with-plugins
>> Playing on macbook pro 2019 running catalina
>>
>> James
>>
>> James, you;ll need to download the MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.6-v31-3ef7db67fe.1-with-plugins version I posted this AM. (key is the .1 rev)
>>
>> Sorry about that - the older version didn't have the python bits copied into the correct place.
>>
>> If that doesn't work - I'd love to get a copy of the log output to try to debug later in the week.  There's a good chance of python incompatibilities getting in the way since I use the macports version.
>
> John sorry. I did not notice the .1 but I did get the correct dmg
>
> MythFrontend-31-intel-10.13.6-v31-3ef7db67fe.1-with-plugins.dmg
>
> I'll run it by cli (I don't know how/where logs are, this gives a goog trace

Using the SAME dmg, instead of running from the downloaded dmg I installed, then ran in a terminal to get a trace and it worked.perfectly.
Perhaps I was just stupid somewhere, but my feedback was spurios noise, sorry, and a huge thankyou for all your efforts.

The linux frontend is sluggish starting and in menu ops, the osx version is worse. I'll spend some time trying to find out where and I'll feedback.

James