[mythtv-users] 'Recording Rule does not exist' - new problem. Ubuntu 18.04, Mythtv 31

PlainFaceBoy plainfaceboy at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:15:58 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 2:18 PM PlainFaceBoy

>>> You may want to check the consistency of your database. There is a
>>> script
>>> in mythtv to do it, but I cannot find it on my system. Mysql will do
>>> it as
>>> well:
>>>
>>> mysqlcheck -h mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg
>>>
>>> The -h is the hostname of your mythconverg database, probably
>>> localhost for
>>> most. -u and -p are the username and passwords from
>>> /etc/mythtv/config.xml
>>
>> In Ubuntu:
>>
>> /usr/share/doc/mythtv-backend/contrib/maintenance/optimize_mythdb.pl
>>
>> but it should also be installed as:
>>
>> /etc/cron.daily/optimize_mythdb
>>
>> so that it gets run daily. Without regular checks, errors in the
>> database can build on each other until a table is unfixable. If the
>> first error that happens gets fixed by the daily check, that normally
>> does not happen. If your MythTV box crashes or is reset without being
>> shut down (eg power cut), you should also run optimize_mythdb as soon
>> as possible after it reboots as any table in the database that was
>> being written to at that time may be damaged or crashed.
>>
> I have run optimize now and then (I used to have a daily job but have
> forgotten to put back at re-installs) - but I tried that tonight, and
> mysqlcheck. Both ran successfully but made no difference. All
> recordings after a date some years back still have no recording rule.
> For all the recordings with the missing recording rule, in the 'show
> recording details' option under menu there is a 'recording rule' field
> (typically a number eg 21, 39, etc). The older recordings that still
> have the rule (and where I can edit the recording schedule) do not
> show this field in the show recording details screen. Not sure if that
> means anything.
>
> Is there any other way I can rebuild the database and fix this,
> without risking making things worse?
Just following up my last question in case anyone can help? I've checked
more recordings, and situation is as described. All recordings after a
date some years ago say 'recording rule does not exist', but the info
itself shows in the recordfings screen, and in recording info.
There is also a 'recording rule' field which lists a difeent number for
each recording.
Is there any way I can get ix trhis so I can edit recording rules, and
update covers/fan art etc?

Thanks for any help.