[mythtv-users] v31 - MacOS Playback - Quarter Screen Issue on Retina - Resolved

John Hoyt john.hoyt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 19:20:59 UTC 2020

> For anyone else with older hardware, I have an Early 2009 Mini (GeForce
> 9400m 256MB), but I can still get decent playback with this build using
> VideoToolbox(decode only) and "low quality" deinterlacing.
> WRT the metadata grabber, how does one set this up?  The setup page in the
> frontend currently lists no available options.  Does one need to download
> the python scripts or copy them from a linux installation and place them in
> a specific directory on the Mac frontend?

No clue - I added the "mythmetadatalookup" binary (...and requested support
libraries) to the app bundle.  There's a directory in the app
Mythfrontend.app/Contenst/Resources that should be the correct place to
drop lib or share files.

If it's missing any required python resources let me know which ones and I
can try to bundle them into the app in the future (I'm sure they get
installed while I'm building into my temp install directory somewhere.
It's just a matter of hunting and gathering, and occasionally linking the
bits in the app).

BTW - I added a page to the wiki to walk folks through the build process
    https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Building_MythFrontend_on_Mac_OS_X