[mythtv-users] MariaDB 10.3.22 Database access with Master and Fedora 31

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:09:51 UTC 2020

On 7/2/20 1:05 PM, John Pilkington wrote:
> The section below gave me the 'mistake in syntax' response
>
> Finally, if you just want to restrict by IP subnet (in this example, the 192.168.1. network):
>
>      $ mysql -u root mythconverg
>      mysql> create user "mythtv"@"192.168.1.%" identified by "mythtv";
>      mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%";
>      mysql> flush privileges;

The following worked for MySQL v5.7 and v8.0 plus MariaDB at least 10.3.iforget,
although initially, it was tested with localhost and is in the mc.sql.

But I just tried it with an IP and it worked fine (that is, no syntax errors.)

CREATE USER IF NOT EXISTS 'mythtv'@'192.168.1.%' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password;
ALTER USER 'mythtv'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'mythtv';

--
Bill