[mythtv-users] Sound volume from a PVR-500 (v4l)

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Tue Jan 28 22:44:50 UTC 2020

The last item on the recovery from my FE/BE blowing 3 caps after Christmas is
getting my PVR-500 capturing composite from my Shaw DCT-700 to have a higher
volume.

Pre-crash, /dev/video0 was over-loud. Now it's the opposite: too quiet, even
jacking up playback volume.

I turned to this method to try to fix it.

http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-volume-too-loud

It involves creating a script to set the volume, and then making it a "Master
backend started" System Event.

But it doesn't seem to have an effect and I'm kinda stumped.

Even after I restart mythbackend, and presumably running the script,

  v4l2-ctl --list-ctrls -d /dev/video0 | grep volume | tr -s " "

returns

  volume (int) : min=0 max=65535 step=655 default=60928 value=52400
flags=slider

when my script asks for the volume to be 60928. I'm out of ideas and patience
to flail on it at the moment.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca