[mythtv-users] leanfront no audio on FireTV

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:41:44 UTC 2020

On 1/26/20 9:45 PM, OpenMedia Support wrote:
>> I'm running a Third generation Fire TV Pendant Model with the android
> and leanback MythTV Frontends.
>> The Android frontend has working audio
>> (mythfrontend-20190625-arm-v30.0-60-gb9c1b41a6c0.apk ) but the latest
> leanback version has no audio (leanfront-v0-91-g72cfd86_d.apk).
>> I've also tried the older leanfront-v0-86-g57612f1_d.apk which still
> doesn't play audio.
>> The files I'm playing are MPEG-2 TS Streams with MP2 audio.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this issue with the leanback gui?
> I've just tested with some generic MP4/MPV files with AAC or AC3 audio and
> those work so the issue appears to be MP2 audio.

I tried some files with MPEG audio on the fire stick 4K and the audio
does not play, as you have reported.

leanfront uses only the formats that are supported by the android device
hardware. I have not included any software decoding support.

Supported formats are listed here
https://developer.amazon.com/docs/fire-tv/device-specifications-fire-tv-stick.html

This has not been a problem for US broadcasts, but it clearly is a
problem for other countries. I will take a look at it and see what can
be done.

Peter