[mythtv-users] Many recordings fail and then succeed a second later

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 10:44:27 UTC 2020

Hoi Ross,

There have been incidents reported where an instable network
connection caused problems. Both through bad nics (especially Realtec
Gb cards) and unstable switches. Also check if at the time of failure
there are heavy network loads. I myself have my homerun on a dedicated
nic.

Monday, January 20, 2020, 5:25:17 AM, you wrote:

> Since my failures occur 0.005 seconds after the initial attempt, it
> doesn't seem that any of the timeout parameters are having an
> effect.  If they were, it would wait 1 - 3 seconds (or maybe up to
> 6? the docs mention it's doubled in some circumstances) before
> failure.  It's hard to imagine that increasing them will make a difference.

> HDHRSH[1](10424297): DeviceSet(channel 8vsb:563000000): ERROR: lock no longer held
>  looks to me as if it's a failure to get a lock on the HD HomeRun
> device, not a failure of the HDHR to get a lock on the channel.
> Oddly, I have been unable to find "no longer held" in the sources
> for myth or libhdhomerun.  It looks as if the message is coming from the latter.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop