[mythtv-users] Transcoding jobs?

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:31:02 UTC 2020

Some of the discussion here about transcoding brings to mind an issue I
had recently.  My remote keybinding were not set right and I pressed a
button and saw on the screen "Transcoding Started". I hit it again and
it stopped.

So I don't normally do the standard Transcode or commercial detection.
If I do it's for a special program or series of programs I want to save
permanently.  In that case I manually invoke Commercial Flagging and
then I run a job that was included on the Mythtv Forum a long time ago -
sendTVtoNAS. That takes out the commercials flagged and my own edits,
transcodes to h.264, and then sends them to a program folder on my NAS.

I'm wanting to prevent whatever button keeps turning on transcoding.
For now I have unchecked the Allow Transcoding jobs in the backend.  I
have Commercial Flagging jobs on and my user Job, sendTVtoNAS on.

Should I also change something in the keybindings as well??

Jim A