[mythtv-users] Backend Deleting Files for no Reason - *again*...

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jan 14 04:44:12 UTC 2020

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 20:58:30 -0600, you wrote:

>This has been happening for quite some time now and it is finally getting
>annoying since it happened on CBS and they offer no free streaming.
>
>Just a simple message """
>N DeleteThread mainserver.cpp:2502 (DeleteRecordedFiles)
>DeleteRecordedFiles - recording id 10569 filename
>/ramdisk/mythtv/recordings/11101_20200108030000.ts
>"""
>
>Does anyone know what backend debugs I need to turn on to trap these
>messages?
>
>I do not want to turn on anything too extra since it is currently running
>on an underpowered machine, but I do need to put an end to it.
>
>I have TB of free space and a single StorageGroup, so I know no auto-expire
>is happening.
>
>TiA,
>
>Greg

As well as autoexpiring, you also get messages like that when you
delete recordings yourself after watching them.  And when you have set
up a recording rule so that it only keep a certain number of
recordings.  I have my 6 o'clock news programmes set up to only keep 8
recordings, so I get messages like that every day when an old
recording from each channel is deleted before the new ones start
recording.  If you do SQL then this should show you any recording
rules you have that have a max episodes setting:

select recordid,type,starttime,title,subtitle,description from record
where maxepisodes != 0;