[mythtv-users] cover art

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Mon Jan 13 14:37:33 UTC 2020

 ---- On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 05:11:24 +0000  <jam at tigger.ws> wrote ----
 > A month ago the artwork for recorded programs stopped loading.
 > I care less about that, but what else is affected and why?
 >
 > If I save a movie
 > Sometimes metadata and artwork is automatically collected
 > Sometimes I->Change Video Details->Retrieve Details is needed, but does work.
 >
 > The logs do not enlighten me (but may hide subtle information)
 >
 > Can anyone throw light on what’s happening
 >
 > Thanks
 > James

on your BE and as your mythtv user, run 'mythmetadatalookup'. any errors? If not,  then retry with the --verbose switch. i typically see metadata/artwork failing outright when rebuilding my BE where i have unmet dependencies or due to changes in the repo (i seem to have hit an abnormal amount of them in RHEL territory recently) then things might break unexpectedly. not sure why it's random but maybe cmdline might reproduce the intermittent issue?