[mythtv-users] sql connection question

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sun Jan 12 14:37:48 UTC 2020

 ---- On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 12:14:21 +0000 Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote ----
 > On Sun, 12 Jan 2020 10:51:09 +0000, you wrote:
 >
 > >with recent mariadb upgrades i've been seeing this appear in the logs reasonably often. i think it's just a change of default logging level with the more recent versions.
 > >While i do have my Primary FE dropping frames for 20-30secs periodically i cant see how that is a sql issue. mythtv appears to work correctly other than that and uses the typical mythconverg & mythtv user.
 > >
 > >while it's clear the connection closed normally from the sql side, what in mythtv could cause it to attempt connection as unconnected/unauthenticated? Have I not configured something correctly?
 > >The IP is my laptop running mythBE&FE, rolled a new sql server for testing (seeing the same entries on my main mariadb server) so 100% sure it's mythtv causing this.
 > >
 > >2020-01-12 10:28:25 433 [Warning] Aborted connection 433 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'unauthenticated' host: '192.168.1.63' (This connection closed normally without authentication)
 >
 > How often is this happening?  If it is happening reasonably often or
 > you can provoke it to happen, you could run Wireshark and capture the
 > SQL port traffic and see exactly what is happening.

roughly 3 times in a 1hour period. although have seen it higher. maybe 10-15times/hour.
I didn think about packet capturing - i'll probably go server side capture with tcpdump rather than wireshark. be able to run it in a screen session and come back to later in the day when it's got a decent set of results.