[mythtv-users] sql connection question

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sun Jan 12 10:51:09 UTC 2020

with recent mariadb upgrades i've been seeing this appear in the logs reasonably often. i think it's just a change of default logging level with the more recent versions.
While i do have my Primary FE dropping frames for 20-30secs periodically i cant see how that is a sql issue. mythtv appears to work correctly other than that and uses the typical mythconverg & mythtv user.

while it's clear the connection closed normally from the sql side, what in mythtv could cause it to attempt connection as unconnected/unauthenticated? Have I not configured something correctly?
The IP is my laptop running mythBE&FE, rolled a new sql server for testing (seeing the same entries on my main mariadb server) so 100% sure it's mythtv causing this.

2020-01-12 10:28:25 433 [Warning] Aborted connection 433 to db: 'unconnected' user: 'unauthenticated' host: '192.168.1.63' (This connection closed normally without authentication)