[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase run manually

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 19:30:03 UTC 2020

I have a mobile combo mythtv FE/BE on a RPi4 in my RV.  So it only have an internet connection when I turn my phone into a hotspot and the wireless AP/router bridge reestablishes a connection to the hotspot. As a result when mythfilldatabase runs it usually doesn’t succeed.

So  what I do now is:
1.  Turn on phone hotspot.
2.  Open terminal and ‘sudo su mythtv’ then ‘mythfilldatabase’
3.  Turn off phone hotspot.

Anyone have a more automated way of doing this or is this the best I can hope for??

Jim A