[mythtv-users] HD-PVR alternative?

Bob mythtv at cox.net
Sat Jan 4 23:04:22 UTC 2020

On 1/3/20 11:52 AM, Dan Wilga wrote:
> On 1/3/20 11:58 AM, Devin Heitmueller wrote:
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>>> My HD-PVR is recording with the wrong color. Are there any alternatives
>>> with integrate as well with mythtv?
>> A screenshot would be helpful, but these sorts of problem are common
>> if the component HD cables are plugged in the wrong order.  I would
>> definitely check that (it's easy to get the blue and green backwards
>> in some dark area in the back of your TV cabinet).  Depending on the
>> ordering, you may very well get a signal lock and successful capture,
>> but the color will be screwed up.
>
> This is a long shot, but there were also, historically, some
> combinations of Linux kernel and HD-PVR firmware that caused color
> errors:
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR#Over-saturation_and_Color_Solution

Thank you for the many responses.

- I replaced the wall-wart power supply with a USB cable and a barrel
connector. This seemed to be working well for the last month. I've
switched back to the wall-wart to see if that helps.

- The component video cables are in the correct order. They have been in
place for at least 9 months.

- The component video cables are fully seated in the cable box and on
the HD-PVR.

- I am using the latest firmware and the performance of this HD-PVR had
been solid for the past 9 months, this change is new.

- Sample images below were captured using mplayer. The first shows the
issue the best:

https://pasteboard.co/IOtgQYO.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/IOtinwP.jpg

https://pasteboard.co/IOtiyiL.jpg