[mythtv-users] DVB-S2 IP tuner

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Fri Jan 3 17:45:56 UTC 2020

back with hell on centos8 ... discovered that my TBS 6981 card really isnt liking the platform, despite running on 4.x kernels in the past and the current 5.4.7 on centos7. Centos8 ships with 4.18 and dvb support and attempts over christmas with '8 and a 5.x kernel were also unfruitful.
While i'm still looking into finding a solution that wont involve money, it's been a growing wish in the last few years for an IP tuner as a replacement for the 6981 PCIe card when the time came.

TBS have EOL'd the card and last driver pack for 6981 was 2017. Seems 6981 hardware is also around 9years old.

While i haven't looked much yet, does anyone have experience and recommendations for a DVB-S2 IP box? minimum of 2ch and multiplex advantageous. 4ch also desirable but i think will exceed the cost vs benefit threshold.
the DVB-T2 signal in my area isn't the best so not really an option. I'm UK based should that matter.

thanks
Tim