[mythtv-users] I somehow broke it [solved]

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Jan 2 09:11:09 UTC 2020

> On 2 Jan 2020, at 4:33 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> myisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg
>>
>> fixed all the rules and guide data errors.
>> Now a more careful look at backup and restore
>> James
>
> You can tell MythTV to record something daily after a certain time of
> day using the Power recording rules.  You may need to use mythfrontend
> to create a Power rule - I do not think mythweb can do that.  You
> write a small snippet of SQL telling the scheduler what to record. The
> SQL would check the chanid of the channel, a programme title and for a
> starttime in the range you want.  I used to use a rule like that to
> record only the evening sessions of Coronation Street for my mother -
> she was getting the afternoon repeats recorded as well and getting
> confused by that.
>
> Go to Manage Recordings > Schedule Recordings > Custom Record to
> create a Power rule.  Let me know if you need help doing SQL.

Stephen thanks.
I’ve a few power rules so my understanding bit is ok.

What would be ideal is record XXX+15 min but it seems the scheduler wont do that.

ie News then News again with identical Name and subtitle (but they are NOT identical) means the schduler records XXX with no extention and I can’t think of a sql way of doing that.

So a rule that says record AAA then BBB without pause.
It seems a manual rule handles that case best.

(Worse I’m sure their *experiment* will fail and be ditched in a month or so, so brain surgery for a weeks solution seems dumb.)
Any Aus viewers affected by Ten’a experiment, a manual rule seems easy.

James