[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit

John jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 08:33:27 UTC 2020

On 01/01/2020 18:48, UB40D wrote:
> Hooray! John, you' re officially my hero.
>
> On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 at 12:13, John <jksjdevelop at gmail.com
> <mailto:jksjdevelop at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     UPDATE channel SET channum=104, recpriority=2, visible=1,
>     xmltvid="hd.channel4.com <http://hd.channel4.com>", icon="Channel
>     4 HD.jpg"  WHERE sourceid="1" AND serviceid="21200";
>
> I added the xmltvid using a statement similar to the above. More
> specifically (for my own future reference)
>
> mysql -u tv -p mythconverg
>
> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select channum, visible, callsign, name, icon,
> sourceid, serviceid, xmltvid, recpriority from channel where
> name="Channel 4 HD";
> +---------+---------+--------------+--------------+------+----------+-----------+---------+-------------+
> | channum | visible | callsign     | name         | icon | sourceid |
> serviceid | xmltvid | recpriority |
> +---------+---------+--------------+--------------+------+----------+-----------+---------+-------------+
> | 21200   |       1 | Channel 4 HD | Channel 4 HD |      |      1 |
>   21200 |         |           0 |
> +---------+---------+--------------+--------------+------+----------+-----------+---------+-------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>  MariaDB [mythconverg]> update channel set xmltvid="hd.channel4.com
> <http://hd.channel4.com>" where sourceid="1" and serviceid="21200";
> Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
> Rows matched: 1  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0
>
> MariaDB [mythconverg]> select channum, visible, callsign, name, icon,
> sourceid, serviceid, xmltvid, recpriority from channel where
> name="Channel 4 HD";
> +---------+---------+--------------+--------------+------+----------+-----------+-----------------+-------------+
> | channum | visible | callsign     | name         | icon | sourceid |
> serviceid | xmltvid         | recpriority |
> +---------+---------+--------------+--------------+------+----------+-----------+-----------------+-------------+
> | 21200   |       1 | Channel 4 HD | Channel 4 HD |      |      1 |
>   21200 | hd.channel4.com <http://hd.channel4.com> |           0 |
> +---------+---------+--------------+--------------+------+----------+-----------+-----------------+-------------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>

>     Also see https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_editing_script
>
>     I think there are some scripts around that avoid the need to using
>     SQL. A list of required channels is put in a file and the utility
>     interfaces with the database, can't remember the name at the moment.
>
>     Here is a log from a successful run of mythfilldatabase.
>
>     /home/tv/cross-eit.py 20104,"hd.channel4.com
>     <http://hd.channel4.com>"    --the 20104 in this case is Channel 4
>     HD from freeview - change to Freesat Channel4
>
>     /usr/local/bin/mythfilldatabase --refresh-all --verbose xmltv
>     --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile output.xml
>

> Here what I did was
>  ./cross-eit.py -o /tmp/export.xml 10211,"hd.channel4.com
> <http://hd.channel4.com>"
> [...]

Great. I am interested to know whether you had to edit cross-eit.py .

Unless I do the following the times are one hour out.
-    date = dateobj + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)
+    date = dateobj # + datetime.timedelta(seconds=time.altzone)
      return date.strftime("%Y%m%d%H%M%S")
  Thinking about it, the issue may occur only in BST - watch out for the
clocks changing.