[mythtv-users] I somehow broke it [solved]

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Jan 2 02:28:58 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2 Jan 2020 08:58:52 +0800, you wrote:

>Hi All
>
>myisamchk -r /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg
>
>fixed all the rules and guide data errors.
>Now a more careful look at backup and restore
>James

You can tell MythTV to record something daily after a certain time of
day using the Power recording rules.  You may need to use mythfrontend
to create a Power rule - I do not think mythweb can do that.  You
write a small snippet of SQL telling the scheduler what to record. The
SQL would check the chanid of the channel, a programme title and for a
starttime in the range you want.  I used to use a rule like that to
record only the evening sessions of Coronation Street for my mother -
she was getting the afternoon repeats recorded as well and getting
confused by that.

Go to Manage Recordings > Schedule Recordings > Custom Record to
create a Power rule.  Let me know if you need help doing SQL.