[mythtv-users] LiveTV access was working, somehow I stopped it working

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 15:08:39 UTC 2020

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 at 14:27, <lists at arewethere.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 11:26:14PM +1100, lists at arewethere.net wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 12:19:31PM +0100, Klaas de Waal wrote:
> >
> > > About your tuners, I would start with only one tuner and get that
> > > working correctly. After that, add the second tuner etc.
> >
> > Good idea, back to basics. Sigh.
>
> I removed the new card and as soon as the system came up I could
> use LiveTV, without even doing the delete-all-tuners dance.
> I did the dance anyway and put the system back the way it was,
> backing away slowly.
>
> For the next attempt I will probably use the new card alone and
> install the latest drivers from the media-build git repo.
>
> If anyone has some info about those ParseDVB_T2 errors, it would
> be good to hear.

Could it be that your new card is DVB-T2 capable and your old card can
do only DVB-T?

To debug this problem it is useful to have the content from table
dtv_multiplex which you can print with these commands:

$ mysql -u mythtv -p<password> mythconverg
MariaDB [mythconverg]> select * from dtv_multiplex;
MariaDB [mythconverg]> exit

About how to fix this.
You can do a rescan of all existing transports, update all old
channels and see if that makes  a difference.

If this doesn't work then you can, for testing purposes, do the following:
- create a new video source
- connect your tuner(s) to the new video source
- do a Full Scan
and check if your system now works correct.

Klaas.