[mythtv-users] Current Master & python version

John jksjdevelop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 08:22:29 UTC 2020

Noting the content of https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Python3_Conversion

I can install both the Python 2 & 3 bindings when building from source.

This works fine on my combined front & back end.

However for convenience I have a Standalone Frontend which I update from
the Ubuntu Master PPA.

This installs only the Python 3 bindings causing the metadata / tvdb
functionality to not work on that machine.

Ubuntu 18.04 & 19.10 seem to default to Python 2.

A web search advises against changing the default in Ubuntu.

How do I persuade the MythTV Python utilities to use the version 3 bindings.

Noting that mythweb can be persuaded using sudo a2enmod php7.3.

Thanks in advance