[mythtv-users] Merging Multiple Myth Installations

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Wed Jan 1 01:23:45 UTC 2020

On Tue, 31 Dec 2019 11:46:25 -0800, you wrote:

>Thanks so much.  I'll give it a try, maybe after some tweaks.
>I don't see anything in mythimport about chanid or recordid, and so I
>assume those are left with the original values, which are probably random
>values in the target db.
>
>The comments in mythsgu say
>
>##############################################################################
># Dependencies:
>#   MythTV API interface: Utilities.py (only for MythTV v29 or below).
>
>and later
>
># Version: 0.5 2019-06-08
>#   MythTV v30 compatibility update - use MythTV.services_api instead of
>#   Utilities.py.
>
>Just to check: if I'm running v30, Utilities.py is unnecessary, right?

Correct.  If Utilities.py is needed and not present, you will get an
exception when mythsgu is started.

>BTW, my reading of the MariaDB docs is that if recordedid is set to 0
>or NULL on export, it will automatically be filled in with an
>appropriate value on import.
>That might be a little easier than fiddling in mythimport.

Yes, that is how mythimport works.  It strips out the recordedid
column and inserts rest of the row without it.  So a new recordedid
gets generated automatically.  See _get_wanted_columns() in
mythimport.

>There's currently a pull request to update the myth python code to
>python 3 with https://github.com/rcrdnalor/mythtv/tree/devel/python3.
>
>It looks promising, though I haven't tried it.

MythTV 0.31 is supposed to be converted fully to Python 3 - it looks
like that is what that pull request is all about - it is against
current Master (0.31 to be).  But it is unlikely that the new Python 3
code will work with 0.30.

I am intending to convert all my MythTV Python code to Python 3 once I
upgrade to 0.31, which is likely to be out in time to be included in
Ubuntu 20.04.