[mythtv-users] Python3 interface: Could not find setting 'BackendServerAddr' on host '192.168.1.10' [work-around]

Ross Boylan rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Feb 24 20:01:34 UTC 2020

The workaround is to add an entry to the settings table in the form the
program wants.

I'm not sure if the lack of the appropriate entry originally indicates
1. I misconfigured my setup
2. the code has a bug
3. the code is correct for the v31 schema but not for v30.
4. something else

>From settings table:
| value             | data                | hostname |
+-------------------+---------------------+----------+
| AllowConnFromAll  | 0                   | barley   |
| BackendServerAddr | myth.betterworld.us | barley   |
| BackendServerAddr | 192.168.1.10        | barley   |
| ListenOnAllIps    | 1                   | barley   |
| MasterServerIP    | 192.168.1.10        | NULL     |
| MasterServerName  | barley              | NULL     |
+-------------------+---------------------+----------+

The entry for BackendServerAddr | 192.168.1.10 is one I added recently;
with that I am  able to get past the error I reported.
I initially used myth.betterworld.us as the hostname, but that didn't match
my existing entry for BackendServerPort.
myth.betterworld.us, barley, and 192.168.1.10 are all the same machine, the
one on which I'm running.

With that change, my deletion of the retrieved program seems to work.  I'm
still waiting to verify the recording file gets cleaned up.

My config file says host is
<Configuration>
  <LocalHostName>my-unique-identifier-goes-here</LocalHostName>
  <Database>
    <PingHost>1</PingHost>
    <Host>db.betterworld.us</Host>
    <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
db.betterworld.us is another alias for same machine.
It's a little odd that I don't see an explicit entry for the host of the
myth BE server itself,
though in this case it's the same as the DB.  There is a UPNP section later
in the config file;
maybe that's how it's locating  the BE server?