[mythtv-users] Recording IPTV?

Peter Carlsson maillist.peter at home.se
Sun Feb 23 21:44:42 UTC 2020

On Sun, Feb 23, 2020 at 04:39:42PM +0000, Ian Cameron wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 at 23:06, Peter Carlsson <maillist.peter at home.se> wrote:
>
> > At my first attempt VLC did not play any audio but maybe that is
> > perhaps solved by adding an argument to streamlink.
> >
> You should not need any command line arguments to enable the audio.  I have
> just tested both SVT1 and SVT2 via Tor, configured with an exit node in
> Sweden.  Both produce audio and video for me.  That would suggest there's
> an audio problem at your end, as I see that the svtplayer plugin in
> streamlink has not changed for almost 2 years now.  Are you able to get
> audio via vlc from another video source, such as a local file?

This was totally my own mistake. I only had to change audio device in
VLC and I got audio.

> Are you using a streamlink release or have you downloaded from the git
> master repo?  Installing master in a virtual env, as described at
> https://streamlink.github.io/install.html#source-code could be worth a try,
> to see if it fixes the audio issue.  You might be better off using this set
> up anyway, because when web sites get changed and plugins are fixed
> accordingly, you can simply do a pip upgrade from master, otherwise you'd
> need to wait a lot longer to get that fix in a full release.

I used the package from buster-backports since I prefer to use the
packages provided by Debian apt package repository.

But I will consider your suggestion.

> > > I can not use your https://www.svtplay.se URLs to test with from here
> > > in New Zealand - it looks like they are geolocked to only be
> > > accessible from your part of the world.  I just get a 404 error.
> >
> > According to streamlink: "Streams may be geo-restricted to Sweden."
> >

> Yes, they are.
>
> > I have been in contact with both Telia and SVT and they both responded
> > something similar to:
> >   "Unfortunately, there is nothing we can help with. According to our
> >   agreements on rights and retransmission, the channels can only be
> >   viewed through the platforms we offer."
> >

> To be expected, unfortunately.
>
> > So I guesss my best option would be to use streamlink together with a
> > MythTV external recorder?
> >
> > Would a "Generic" External Recorder be enough or do I need some more
> > sophisticated?
> >
> I would have thought so.  I have no direct experience of configuring a
> generic external recorder, but having briefly looked at the info and
> example config files, that would appear to be the simplest solution to set
> up.

I will try that out!

Thanks for taking the time to help me!

Best regards,