[mythtv-users] Want to help translate MythTV into your preferred language?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 16:39:02 UTC 2020

Hey everyone,

If you're not already aware, the next version of MythTV, v31, is due
for release soon. Translations (i18n) play a key role in allowing
MythTV users around the world to get the most out of this great
software. Contributing translations is a great way to give a little
something back to the project that immediately benefits users around
the world.

Working on translations is quick and easy using the graphical Qt
Linguist software - absolutely zero hacking code in a text editor!
With the code for v31 essentially frozen, it is an ideal time to
update translations across our many supported languages.

You can see the current state of translations here:

  http://www.insidethex.co.uk/mythtv/translation-status/master/

Is your native/preferred language available? Can it be improved?

Full details of how to contribute translations can be found on our wiki:

  [1] https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Translation

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with your
translation team (listed on the wiki page [1] above) and join the
dedicated MythTV translators mailing list [2]. If there isn't a team
for your preferred language - consider starting one!