[mythtv-users] Exporting recordings

DryHeat122 . dryheat122 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 14 05:29:37 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020, 4:16 AM Mike Holden <mikeholden99+mythtv at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 15:13, Jeremy D. Eiden <theonlyrealperson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'd like to use relative links so I can play them over NFS.  I've tried
>> the patches to it here:
>>

>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/149/commits/33b9bb74ea204d68467d043ea1b347db1b453835
>>
>> but either I'm doing something wrong (most likely) or it doesn't work.
>>
>> What's the best way to get mythlink.pl to do a relative link?
>>

> Just mount the disk at the same location on both server and client, and
> all paths work fine.

FWIW I tried this script and it worked great.  Just cp -L the symlink to
wherever and it copies the file with the same name as the symlink (which is
itself highly customizable via mythlink.pl arguments).

Does anyone know how to get Thunar (file mgr on Xbuntu) to copy by
dereferencing the link (equivalent of -L switch in cp)? It would be a lot
handier to do the copying with drag/drop.