[mythtv-users] installing mythtv 31 from ppa:mythbuntu/31

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:48:33 UTC 2020

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 2:34 PM Mike Bibbings <mike.bibbings at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 13/02/2020 18:13, Mike Bibbings wrote:

> >> The new packaging commits went out after 0300 UTC today. Don't know
> >> when *buntu
> >> picks them up.
> >>
> > ppa:mythbuntu/31 has not yet picked up changes, currently at
> > 2:31.0+fixes.202002111707.cd323bb~ubuntu18.04.1 for Bionic
> >
> > Should be updated in the next few hours (I believe it is done daily if
> > there are changes), it is showing, as I write, last upload 23 hours ago.
> >

> > Mike
> >

>      ppa:mythbuntu/31 has just been updated to latest
> 2:31.0+fixes.202002130322.a51f21a~ubuntu18.04.1
>

> Mike

Okay I applied the lasted updated and got everything working.

Just a couple on strange things I had to rediscover since I have not
installed Mythtv on a X86 system with Ubuntu in a while.  My productions
system has been working for 2 years with just updates in place from v28 to
v29 to v30.
1. I forgot what a pain it was to get the right version of XMLTV commands
installed on Ubuntu.
2. I forgot about the backend not waiting for the network tuners to come up.

Luckily on #2 the wiki for Ubuntu now comments on this and points you to
Stephen Worthington's thread on who to fix this.