[mythtv-users] installing mythtv 31 from ppa:mythbuntu/31

Mike Bibbings mike.bibbings at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:34:32 UTC 2020

On 13/02/2020 18:24, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> On 2/13/20 1:13 PM, Mike Bibbings wrote:

>>> The new packaging commits went out after 0300 UTC today. Don't know
>>> when *buntu
>>> picks them up.
>>>
>> ppa:mythbuntu/31 has not yet picked up changes, currently at
>> 2:31.0+fixes.202002111707.cd323bb~ubuntu18.04.1 for Bionic
>>
>> Should be updated in the next few hours (I believe it is done daily
>> if there are changes), it is showing, as I write, last upload 23
>> hours ago.
>>

>> Mike
>
> Thanks, all.  I missed the significance of the thread. So I'll wait
> until the updates have been applied, update, and retest.
>
> Just to be clear, in the past I have done all setup work as my normal
> user 'jim' except the setup of XMLTV when I do as user 'mythtv'.  I
> assume I can still do that with v31??
>
> Jim A

Yes, you can do the same with V31.

As a bonus, the use of sudo systemctl stop/start mythtv-backend is no
longer necessary before and after running mythtv-setup, as the problem
caused by removal of gksu has been fixed.

You can use either the menu or terminal to run mythtv-setup and it
should now ask for a password (this is the normal user password) to stop
mythtv-backend if it is running.

When you exit mythtv-setup it will ask for password to start mythtv-backend.

Mike