[mythtv-users] MythWeb timezone incorrect and a possible fix?

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 04:57:38 UTC 2020

On Tue, 11 Feb 2020 at 10:07, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

>  From your favorite browser go to:
> http://yourContainerBackendHostNameOrIpAddress:6544/Myth/GetTimeZone
>
> On my system, grep -r -i timezone /etc/php* /etc/apache2 all timezone
> variables are commented out (and not even set to my timezone.) Yet
> mythweb works OK.
>
> I'm not running the backend in a container. Do your need to do timedatectl
> --machine=CONTAINER ?
>
> --
> Bill

This is what Mythbackend is reporting:
 <TimeZoneInfo version="1.0" serializerVersion="1.1">
<TimeZoneID>Etc/UTC</TimeZoneID>
<UTCOffset>19800</UTCOffset>
<CurrentDateTime>2020-02-11T04:53:30Z</CurrentDateTime>
</TimeZoneInfo>

The time zone is set to Etc/UTC with an offset of 19800 seconds. This is
correct as i am 5.5 hours ahead of UTC. Maybe MythWeb is ignoring UTCOffset.

Thanks