[mythtv-users] Nvidia Shield and audio troubles

Rajil Sarasawat rajil.s at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 04:44:36 UTC 2020

On 2/10/20 9:10 AM, Rajil Saraswat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My backend is running v30 and I have installed
> mythfrontend-20190724-arm64-v31-Pre-539-gff6bd41e0c0on the Nvidia
> Shield. I have a external USB sound card attached to my Nvidia Shield.
>
> Unfortunately, the audio is not playing for my in MythTV for the
> device OpenSLES. Also, I dont have AudioTrack device listed in the
> audio devices.
>
> Is there a way to fix audio in Nvidia Shield?
>
> The lean app is able to play audio correctly though.
>
> Thanks

I tried OpenSLES again and this round the audio started to play.
However, no sight of AudioTrack though. Unfortunately, the Video/Audio
starts to play well initially but after a few seconds the video starts
to stutter. I followed the recommendations on the wiki
(https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android).

The leanback app is superb though. Both MythVideo and recorded files
play very well.