[mythtv-users] mythutil --scanvideos ignores existing inetref

Rajil Saraswat rajil.s at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 14:03:58 UTC 2020

Hello,

I populate the Videos database using the Service Api (Video/AddVideo) and
add the inetref using a python script. I would like to pull the metadata
using the script and thus run mythutil --scanvideos. Unfortunately, this
command ignores the intetref and tries to identify the video again.

Is it possible to pull the metadata using a script? I noticed that
Video/LookupVideo does pull the metadata but it does not populate the
mythtv database. At the moment i have to manually press 'w' in the
mythfrontend to pull the metadata and the covers.

Thanks