[mythtv-users] DVBSky S952 or TBS 6902 or neither

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Tue Feb 4 19:06:20 UTC 2020

On 15/01/2020 08:21, John wrote:
> On 14/01/2020 23:02, Paul Gardiner wrote:

>>> Sorry got that wrong, using a DVBSky S950v3 in conjunction with
>>> WinTV-dualHD
>>
>> Ah, those are difficult to get now. It seems once there are stable
>> linux drivers, the cards get discontinued.
>>
>> With the S952, did you connect the optional second power source?
>
> Yes did connect the second power source.
>
> I suspect that the dual card is just two singles. I never tried it but
> if its unreliable as a dual it may be ok as a single ie only initialize
> one tuner in mythtv.

John, your advice was spot on... which I know from not initially taking
it. :-) I bought an S952, hoping my experience would differ from yours
or at least that it would work okay with only one input connected. No.
It was every bit as unreliable as you described. Still, bought from
Amazon so sent it back, and cost me nothing but the time.

Then some S950v3 cards became available, bought one of those, and it
does seem to be rock solid.

Thanks again for the advice.

Cheers,
	Paul.