[mythtv-users] Exporting recordings

Jeremy D. Eiden theonlyrealperson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 1 03:39:57 UTC 2020

On 1/31/20 10:22 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 31/01/2020 16:02, Jeremy D Eiden wrote:
>> On 1/31/20 5:15 AM, Mike Holden wrote:
>>> On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 at 15:13, Jeremy D. Eiden
>>> <theonlyrealperson at gmail.com <mailto:theonlyrealperson at gmail.com>>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     I'd like to use relative links so I can play them over NFS. I've
>>>     tried
>>>     the patches to it here:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/pull/149/commits/33b9bb74ea204d68467d043ea1b347db1b453835
>>>
>>>     but either I'm doing something wrong (most likely) or it doesn't
>>> work.
>>>
>>>     What's the best way to get mythlink.pl <http://mythlink.pl> to do
>>>     a relative link?
>>>

>>> Just mount the disk at the same location on both server and client,
>>> and all paths work fine.
>>>

>> I have my recordings folder split between two different disks (which
>> are not shared), and the destination for mythlink.pl was sitting on a
>> third (which is shared).  I suppose I could share and mount both
>> "recording" disks.
>
> It depends on what you want to do.  You could use your 'destination'
> as a scannable source of MythTV 'videos', and/or you can use cp -L to
> put copies of the recorded files in some other place.  If you want
> Myth's metadata as well, things will get more complicated.

The particular computer I am using that I want to be able to watch those
shows on does not have MythTV .29, so MythVideo will not work, and the
destination isn't big enough to do a full on copy of all the shows.

I'm going to poke around with mythlink.pl some more.  There has to be a
way to successfully tell it to use relative links rather than hard links.

I guess I could start a samba share on that folder... That would work as
well.

Thank you all for your help!