[mythtv-users] MythTV Light on RPi 3b

Jeff jffry at posteo.net
Tue Dec 29 12:06:24 UTC 2020

I've just upgraded my RPi 3b from stretch to buster and from MythTV
Light 29.1 to 31.0. The upgrade itself went flawlessly, once I'd cleared
enough room on the device. It then took me a while to get everything set
up as described in the wiki:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#Frontend_Setup_on_Raspbian

but now I have, the playback for both SD and HD is good. Thanks to
everyone involved.

My biggest remaining annoyance took me a while to diagnose: MythTV Light
is passing all keystrokes through to the terminal.

This means that hitting the up key a couple of times and then enter
means that I (or someone else in the family) has run one of entries in
the bash history, which can had nasty side effects, like shutting down
the device.

How can I prevent MythTV Light from passing the keystrokes through to
the terminal?

Thanks for any pointers.

Regards

Jeff