[mythtv-users] recording groups and categories

Klaus Becker colonius47 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 18:01:16 UTC 2020

Hi,

I do not really understand the difference between recording groups and
categories.

Categories are given by myhttv and groups are created by the user.

But I see that categories do not work very well, so I created my own
groups. Maybe categories work fine in english, but I use mythtv in
german and I have only german recordings.

Is there a way to manage categories (rename, create, delete and so on) ?

Now I have some entries (for example "Science Fiction") in groups and in
categories, that's a pity.

I searched in the mythtv wiki, but I could not find the answer to my
questions.

sincerely

Klaus