[mythtv-users] Recording templates

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 05:31:20 UTC 2020

I've just rebuilt my MythTV backend as I was having issues with failed
recordings. My old setup had a recording template for recording movies. If
a program was a movie it would use that template when I set it to record.

I've set up a similar template in my new system, but when I try to record
movies it doesn't select the Movies template. I must have missed a step
that makes it do that - but can anyone tell me what that step is?

Also, I've found that when setting a program to record I can't select a
different recording template to the "Default" one. Why is that?