[mythtv-users] Recommended Linux Distro post CentOS

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Wed Dec 16 12:05:27 UTC 2020

On 15/12/2020 05:03, Ryan Novosielski wrote:

>> So with that -- I'd like to hear from the group what people have been
>> happy with that's LTS-ish like CentOS was.
>
> To be honest, I'm a little surprised CentOS wasn't a huge pain in the neck for a MythTV server, given the age of the components.

You aren't wrong there.

fixes/31 still builds on Centos7, master however does not,
and so the next release (not due for a while yet) will drop support
for Centos7 (as well as debian stretch, which is due to EOL shortly
after the planned release date)

> I'd use (and do) Ubuntu LTS. I'll admit that I'm currently on a still-supported MythBuntu 16.04 (support ends next year), and I'm somewhat dreading going jumping to Ubuntu proper, but just because of the work involved, not because I don't think it will work.

The PPA's are great and auto built daily (if any changes are
committed)

Regards
Stuart