[mythtv-users] coverart

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Dec 13 23:04:41 UTC 2020

> On 13 Dec 2020, at 8:06 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 11:51 PM James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>

> > On 12 Dec 2020, at 11:19 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > The way it worked for me:
> > Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
> > Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"
> >
> > In the frontend,
> > select the video, press
> > I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
> > go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
> > press Enter
> > select the cover you want in the new windowi
> > press Enter
> >
> > No other actions needed.
>
> Except Dear Reader it very much depends on WHERE your coverart came from.
>
> After pulling out my hair this sumarizes what I have uncovered:
>
> The EXIF data needs to have a 'Title' (field filled)
> An image may be used ONCE. To use the same image again make a new copy.
> The existing meta data may stop the image, needing Details -> Reset
>
> Jonathan on my fixes/31 you may 'press the image' or check [ok] both work.
> Roland see the images
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png
> then presss [ok]
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png
>
> but using an unused image with correct meta (exif) data
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png
>

> That's strange.
> I just added the same screenshot of my desktop to two different videos.
> The screenshot definitely has no title information in the exif data.
>
> And I can change the coverart over and over again without  the need
> to reset all details.
>
> Maybe the mouse is fooling you on the window for selecting the coverart?
> Try to use the keyboard only.
>
> Mythtv version is latest fixes/31

Roland I feel like a kid caught telling fibs <smile>

So this is how it went (summary since it took ages) and for my own sanity

I tried (no mouse) the art. I found an image and used gimp to crop it.
Metadata was empty.
http://tigger.ws/downloads/attenborough.jpg
http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png

but got

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png

While fiddling I accidentally mouse-clicked (as I went too scroll) and got this

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png

So I thought to try EXIF
http://tigger.ws/downloads/attenboroughWithExif.jpg

added the image to one and it worked added it to second and it did not work.
I copied it to attenborough1 added that and it worked

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth4.png

I can only offer - if you want coverart and it 'will not take' this worked for me.
James