[mythtv-users] coverart

Roland Ernst rcrernst at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:06:37 UTC 2020

On Sat, Dec 12, 2020 at 11:51 PM James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 12 Dec 2020, at 11:19 pm, Roland Ernst <rcrernst at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > The way it worked for me:
> > Copy the coverart to it's dedicated storage group.
> > Change the owner to "mythtv:mythtv"
> >
> > In the frontend,
> > select the video, press
> > I -> Change Video Details --> Edit Details
> > go to "Cover Art" (the checkbox is now high-lighted)
> > press Enter
> > select the cover you want in the new windowi
> > press Enter
> >
> > No other actions needed.
>
> Except Dear Reader it very much depends on WHERE your coverart came from.
>
> After pulling out my hair this sumarizes what I have uncovered:
>
> The EXIF data needs to have a 'Title' (field filled)
> An image may be used ONCE. To use the same image again make a new copy.
> The existing meta data may stop the image, needing Details -> Reset
>
> Jonathan on my fixes/31 you may 'press the image' or check [ok] both work.
> Roland see the images
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth3.png
> then presss [ok]
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth2.png
>
> but using an unused image with correct meta (exif) data
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth1.png

That's strange.
I just added the same screenshot of my desktop to two different videos.
The screenshot definitely has no title information in the exif data.

And I can change the coverart over and over again without  the need
to reset all details.

Maybe the mouse is fooling you on the window for selecting the coverart?
Try to use the keyboard only.

Mythtv version is latest fixes/31