[mythtv-users] UPnP playback good but duration info is missing

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 11:30:16 UTC 2020

Hi:  For a long time I have tended to use UPnP playback when I just want
to watch a recording at its original speed from beginning to end;  I
still see a slight wobble in pan shots with the standard frontend using
nVidia decoding, and while the leanfront now gives excellent playback
and more flexible control it can still fail unexpectedly in mid-flow if
the recording was less than perfect.

The main problem I have with UPnP on my 5+ year old Panasonic TV is that
duration info isn't being used.  It isn't displayed in the selection
menu and skipping forward or back is difficult to control.

UPnP playback from the twonky server in my NAS doesn't have this
problem, and I think it may be a regression (in current master) from
what MythTV used to do.

I know that UPnP playback has always been a difficult topic, because TV
manufacturers have applied their own tweaks, but it would be good to get
this sorted.  Do other people see this problem?

John P