[mythtv-users] rc6_mce evdev and MythTV 31

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:58:52 UTC 2020

I'm rebuilding my parents MythTV system, with an upgrade to Ubuntu
20.04 and MythTV 31.
One hiccup I've encountered is setting up their MCE remote for all the
buttons to work with how 20.04 handles remotes through EVDEV.

Using ir-keytables -t all the buttons on the remote work and register
the appropriate EV_KEY codes. So far so good.

However, in attempting to map them in MythTV frontend's 'Edit Keys'
area I notice a lot of them are not being registered by MythTV.

Is this a setup issue or is MythTV just not coded or able to recognize
those additional keys?

What's the standard path forward here? Can I still create a mythtv
lircrc file to remap the presses for MythTV? Do I have to create a
custom rc6_mce file? Is there some other step I need to take to get
MythTV to recognize the buttons as names in the rc6_mce file?

Thanks for the help!

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!