[mythtv-users] Build of master failing in el7

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 14:45:00 UTC 2020

On 01/12/2020 20:18, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 7:59 PM John Pilkington <johnpilk222 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Now the builds are failing again; it looks to me as if the LTS kernel is
>> no longer being accessed.
>
> This is a "feature" in the CentOS repos due
> to their changing from the 7.8 to 7.9 branch
> in early/mid November (and also removing
> the 7.8 package contents),
>
> See: https://forums.centos.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=76346
>
> When they resolve their issue, and the
> package reports get out to the mirrors, you
> should be able to build again.
>
> If it does not get fixed in what you consider
> a reasonable time frame you should probably
> open a formal bug in the CentOS bug tracker
> (their forums are not considered official for
> reporting bugs).

Thanks Gary :)  My post to the elrepo list yielded a suggested cfg
amendment, adding what is essentially the kernel section of
/etc/yum.repos.d/elrepo.repo to your version.  The build ran to
completion using kernel-ml-devel-5.9.11, installed as normal, and is now
running.  I hope it's not too near the bleeding edge.

John