[mythtv-users] Android mythfrontned

Gavin Whitehead gavinwhiteheadmail at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:39:13 UTC 2020

I am trying to evaluate the Android mythtv frontend as part of the
decision making process for replacing my existing combined
backend/frontend.  I have downloaded and installed 'mythfrontend' from
the Play Store; it says it is version "20200716-arm63-v31.0.79-g89d1991ef3.

When I run it it fails to find my backend (expected behaviour) so I tap
'Setup'.  This gives me various screens and fields to enter all the
usual details (user name, password, hostname etc.) but no matter which
field I select I can't get keyboard to appear so I can't enter the
correct details.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and running Android 10. I haven't
rooted this tablet or side loaded anything and I haven't installed any
keyboard apps.  Is my tablet not a 'supported device' for Android myth
frontend?

Gavin