[mythtv-users] Problems with Screenshots (RePost)

Werner Mahr werner at vollstreckernet.de
Sat Aug 29 09:17:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

info that was requested later to this one directly, and I checked pics are
displayable.

I read recently that asking on IRC doesn't reach the right people for some
issues, so I repeat my question from last month (maybe longer) here.

The Problem is with sceenshots that are just not displayed.

In my case I have a german version of Once Upon a Time… Man (1) which just
shows me the cover on each episode instead of the screenshot.

I tried to delete metadata (including the banner, cover and screenshot files)
and let it be fetched again, everythig is downloaded but it doesn't change
what is shown. Rights are all correct, the database points to the right file,
and I just didn't managed to find anything related in debug output.

This is the same for Once Upon a Time... The Americas (2), Once Upon a Time...
Life (3) and Once Upon a Time... Planet Earth (4)

While it's working for everything else, including Once Upon a Time... The
Discoverers (5) and Once Upon a Time ... The Explorers (6). I mention these as
I first thought the ... could be the problem.

I started using myth around 0.26 maybe 0.25. The oldest files that don't work
(and never did) are from mid 2012

I just tried to rename the screenshot file to the name of another series, and
there it was displayed,, so the file itself is OK, renaming the file from that
other series, still doesn't show anything.

System is debian testing with deb-multimedia myth.
31.0+fixes20200823.gitd3088629de-dmo1
so I guess d3088629de is the commit Marillat took.

mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : v31.0
MythTV Branch :
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.14.2
Options compiled in:
linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun
using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec
using_libcrypto using_gnutls using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2
using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript
using_qtdbus using_taglib using_v4l2 using_v4l2prime using_x11
using_libbluray_external using_xrandr using_systemd_notify
using_systemd_journal using_drm using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl
using_drm using_vaapi using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg
using_libass using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

(1) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-man
(2) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-the-americas
(3) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-life
(4) https://www.thetvdb.com/series/once-upon-a-time-planet-earth