[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Raspberry PI OS 64 bits

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:30:38 UTC 2020

On 8/27/20 8:14 AM, Greg Oliver wrote:

> Not sure if you run linux on your workstation, but you can run Qemu on
> it and create an ARM guest (same guest OS as raspbian, etc) to compile
> all the software and then just copy the packages over.  I know my
> laptop is leaps and bounds faster than the Pi.  Compiling MythTV may
> not be too slow, but compiling kernels, etc - you can see a great
> speedup.  Also, using distcc will greatly improve speed.  If you
> cannot tell, I hate waiting on computers :)
>
> Just food for thought.

I guess that's something that you can't do with virtualbox, which I
use.  I'll have to try that because it might be fun.  I don't care about
waiting for computers because I'm retired and I have many to attend to.

Besides, while my code is compiling I can go get a shot and a beer :-)

My son has a tee shirt he wears to work that says, "I'm not goofing off;
my code's compiling"

thanks for the tip on Qemu.

Jim A