[mythtv-users] Mythtv on Raspberry PI OS 64 bits

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 23:41:54 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 6:27 PM jam at tigger.ws <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> > On 24 Aug 2020, at 10:44 pm, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > What are the chances that I could compile mythtv light for a RPi4
> running the 64 bit version of the OS and have it work?
>
> Is mythtv light nothing more than the wiki 'building from src' 'rasperrry
> pi' ?
> I built for a rockpi, which is a 6 core rapi like board with M2 slot.
> Both the rapi config, with the 2 options that are no longer valid removed,
> and no options built fine.
> Any GUI program core dumped. I have not yet finished troubleshooting.
> James

I had issues with ansible not working on 64 bit RPI OS so I tried without,
but still have some packages that could not be found. Also the options even
removed caused some errors and it wouldn't even start to build.

I'll try your way and see.  Nothing critical, but my production
mythtbackend is all up to date on 20.04 and mythtv v31. I have one RPi4
(32) mythtv 31 backend working great, so now I need  a new project.  This
Covid quarintee sucks. No travel and no bars, so computer projects are all
I have. Maybe it's time to learn a new programming language. Not much use
for Fortran, COBOL, and IBM 360 assembler anymore.

JIm A