[mythtv-users] Black screen after idle

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Aug 21 07:52:09 UTC 2020

On Fri, 21 Aug 2020 01:11:47 +0100, you wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Aug 2020 at 06:19, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:
>
>> I have also seen suggestions that even with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
>> disabled, you can use AltGr-SysReq-K to do the same thing.  AltGr =
>> the right Alt key, SysReq = PrintScrn if your keyboard does not have
>> those markings.  That one did not work for me when I tried it on my
>> test Xubuntu 20.04.1 box, which has a clean new install of Xubuntu
>> 20.04.1.
>>

>Have you looked at: /etc/sysctl.d/10-magic-sysrq.conf on your system?
>
>On my 16.04 system it has a value of 176.  That doesn't include:
>
>64 - enable signalling of processes (term, kill, oom-kill)
>
>which perhaps you need?  I'm not totally sure if you need that, but I just
>thought I'd mention it.

It looks like my kernel.sysrq is set to 1 in /etc/sysctl.conf, which
is linked to /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf and so overrides the setting
in /etc/sysctl.d/10-magic-sysrq.conf.  I verified that with this
command:

root at mypvr:/etc/sysctl.d# sysctl kernel.sysrq
kernel.sysrq = 1

So I should have all the SysReq magic keys enabled.